- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn (I used Trader Joe’s frozen Fire Roasted)
- 2 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (mild)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 packet chicken taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup masa (corn flour) mixed with 1 cup warm water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings: Sour cream, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, cheese, tortilla chips.
- Into the crockpot goes the chicken, broth, black beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato soup, and taco seasoning. Give it a little stir, and then cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When you are almost ready to serve (1 hour or so before), remove the chicken and shred. Add it back to the soup.
- Whisk the masa into the warm water until you have a smooth slurry, and then whisk it into the soup in the crockpot. Continue to cook on low until you are ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 339
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Sodium: 1667mg
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 8.6g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 67mg