A creamy soup flavored with garlic, artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and a little cayenne pepper for some heat.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of canned artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened and cubed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- In a large pot, melt butter and saute artichoke hearts for 3-4 minutes over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté one more minute.
- Sprinkle flour over garlic and artichoke hearts, and saute for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Pour milk, chicken broth, and cream cheese into the pot and bring to a gentle boil. Stirring frequently, allow the soup to gently boil until it is slightly thickened and the cream cheese has melted.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- While the soup is still gently boiling, add cheese tortellini and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in chopped spinach and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 372
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Sodium: 1061mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
Keywords: creamy spinach and artichoke soup with cheese tortellini, spinach and artichoke soup, tortellini