Every once in a while, a recipe comes along that checks all the boxes for me. It’s made with easy ingredients, comes together in one big skillet, and so delicious my family keeps asking for seconds! This Creamy Cheesy Frito Chicken Skillet is just that!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 11 ounce can of sweet yellow corn, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup crushed Fritos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and oil together in a large oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Mix chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle on both sides of chicken. Place chicken into the pan and cook 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, mix cream cheese, sour cream, green chiles, corn, green onions and cheese together in a medium bowl.
- When chicken is browned on both sides, turn heat off. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the chicken, and then sprinkle the crushed Fritos on top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees. We love to serve it over Spanish rice.
This recipe is adapted from The Pinning Mama’s Green Chile Fiesta Chicken Bake
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 776
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Sodium: 794mg
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Unsaturated Fat: 24g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 51g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
Keywords: creamy cheesy Frito chicken skillet, chicken skillet, Fritos, one skillet meal, easy dinner