Canadian bacon, nutty wild rice, and creamy, cheesy eggs all baked up in a buttery, flakey pie crust!
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inch)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake crust for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small skillet, sauté Canadian bacon and onion in butter until the onion is soft. Spoon into your crust.
- Sprinkle the cheese and wild rice evenly over the onions and Canadian bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, and salt. Pour over all the ingredients in the pie crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 321
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Sodium: 542mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
Keywords: cheesy wild rice quiche, cheese, wild rice, eggs, quiche