- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 3 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons Better Than Bullion chicken base
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 32 ounces frozen cubed potatoes (hash browns)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 12 inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour to make a paste, and cook until bubbly, about three minutes.
- Whisk in dried minced onions, milk, and chicken base. Bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture begins to thicken, add kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, and cheese.
- Turn the heat off, and stir in ham, corn, and potatoes. Carefully stir the mixture together so that the sauce evenly covers the potatoes.
- Transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the skillet is baking, mix the crushed Ritz crackers, melted butter, dried parsley, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Stir well to coat the crumbs in butter.
- Remove the skillet from the oven after 30 minutes, sprinkle the Ritz crumbs over the top evenly, and return the skillet to the oven to bake for another 15-20 minutes. The top should be golden brown and bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, and then serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 846
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 2221mg
- Fat: 57g
- Saturated Fat: 23g
- Unsaturated Fat: 28.4g
- Trans Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 117mg