- 32 caramel squares, unwrapped or 11 ounces caramel bits
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed (I used dark brown, but light is fine too)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 by 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper for easy removal later.
- Add the caramels and cream to a small saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until completely smooth and then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of an 8 by 8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Pour caramel evenly over chocolate chips. Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel. Bake for another 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned and the caramel is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and allow it cool for several hours before cutting, or chill in the fridge. At room temperature, they will be soft and gooey and absolutely delicious!
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 326
- Sugar: 22g
- Sodium: 193mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 44mg