These caramel drizzled apple slices are easier than dipping whole apples. Plus, the secret to keeping your apples from turning brown without altering taste.
- 4 apples cored and sliced
- 2 quarts of water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 20 soft caramel candies (I used Werthers)
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped salted and roasted peanuts
- Fill a large bowl with 2 quarts of water. Dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt into it. Soak your apple slices for 5 minutes and then drain the water and place the apples in a ZipLoc bag, removing as much air as you can. You can keep them in the fridge for 2-3 days (or more!) without browning.
- When you are ready to serve, melt your caramels with 2 teaspoons of water in a microwave safe bowl for 20-30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over your apple slices (I used a plastic squeeze bottle) and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve immediately.
Keywords: caramel apple slices, caramel apples, caramel, apples, keep apples from turning brown