These BLT Bliss Bowls have so much going on! They’ve got mixed baby greens, oven roasted tomatoes, crisp bacon, avocado, nutty quinoa, and creamy feta.
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used avocado oil)
- salt and pepper
- 4 strips center cut bacon
- 2 packed cups mixed baby greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Topping: Balsamic glaze* plus additional avocado oil, salt and pepper
- Place tomato halves one side of a baking sheet, and toss with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay strips of bacon on the other side and place in the oven. Turn the oven on and set to 400 degrees. Cook the tomatoes and bacon for about 13-14 minutes, or until the tomatoes are blistered and the bacon is crisp. The oven will just about reach 400 degrees in that time.
- To assemble the bowls, place mixed baby greens on the bottom, and top with cooked quinoa and sliced avocado. Top with crumbled bacon, blistered tomatoes, and feta. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Drizzle with a bit more oil and balsamic glaze.
You can find balsamic glaze at Trader Joe’s in the oil and vinegar section. It’s wonderful on salads, but also on grilled veggies or chicken. You can also heat balsamic vinegar on the stovetop slowly to reduce it into a glaze. It becomes sweet and tangy!
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 603
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 901mg
- Fat: 39g
- Saturated Fat: 8.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 27g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 39mg
Keywords: blt bliss bowls, blt salad, mixed baby greens, tomatoes, bacon, avocado, quinoa, feta, healthy