- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- For serving: Butter, real maple syrup, fresh berries
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, and whisk together until the batter is just blended. The batter will be thick. For thinner pancakes, add a little milk. Do not over mix.
- Allow the batter to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, then heat a nonstick skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Use about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake, using the bottom of the measuring cup to help spread the batter out in the pan.
- Cook for about two minutes, or until the edges are dry, then flip and cook two more minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Keep warm in a 200-degree oven, or serve immediately.
Recipe slightly adapted from bonappetit.com
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake
- Calories: 178
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 487mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 63mg