These Best Ever Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins have it all! Sweet juicy blueberries, a sparkling sugar topping, and the most delicious tender crumb!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup oil (canola, vegetable, or avocado)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3–4 teaspoons coarse sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a standard size muffin tin with parchment paper liners and spray each one with nonstick spray for baking.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Gradually mix the buttermilk into the flour mixture, stirring gently and being careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Use a large scoop to divide the batter evenly into each muffin well. They will be filled to the very top. Sprinkle generously with sparkling sugar!
- Bake at 400 degrees for 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 209mg
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: best ever buttermilk blueberry muffins, blueberry muffins, blueberries, muffins, snack