- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or ground cinnamon)
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 medium zucchinis (grated and blotted*), about 2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and spray four mini loaf pans with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together (by hand) sugar, eggs, oil, and applesauce until creamy. Add vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, apple pie spice (or cinnamon), and allspice.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix together until just combined. Fold in grated zucchini until evenly combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into each loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a cooling rack.
*After the zucchini has been grated, use a paper towel or clean kitchen towel to squeeze some of the moisture out.