Banana bread muffins made with white whole wheat flour and coconut oil. So good!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (liquid form)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- Banana pulp from 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut (plus additional coconut for sprinkling on top if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together coconut oil and sugar on medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, and mix.
- Add the banana pulp, and vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter on low speed. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the toasted coconut and fill greased muffins pan wells 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean. The tops will be dark golden brown.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with additional toasted coconut if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 21mg