Whole wheat garlic bread pizza covered with cheese and topped with your favorite pizza toppings: The answer to your crazy weeknight dinner dilemma.
- 1 loaf of whole wheat french bread
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup butter, softened (depending on the size of the loaf of bread)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- mini pepperoni (or sausage, olives, peppers?)
- dried or fresh parsley
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- Pour marinara sauce into a small saucepan and heat on medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir garlic and butter together in a small bowl.
- Slice french bread in half as evenly as possible horizontally.
- Spread a thin layer of garlic butter on the bread.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and then into the oven and set oven to broil.
- Watch closely for the bread to start to brown. It will darken on the edges, and will lightly toast in the middle. (mine took about 5 minutes, but this will depend on how fast your oven heats up)
- Remove the bread from the oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese and toppings on top of the garlic bread.
- Return garlic bread to the oven under the broiler, and watch closely for the cheese to melt.
- Remove from the oven, garnish with parsley, and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing into 2 inch pieces with a serrated knife.
- Serve with warmed marinara.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving (toppings not included)
- Calories: 569
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Sodium: 1180mg
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 20g
- Cholesterol: 96mg
Keywords: whole wheat garlic bread pizza, garlic bread pizza, pizza, easy