This salad is loved by all – a wonderful combination of textures and flavors with a dressing that will knock your socks off!
- 1/2 cup dry Israeli (pearl) couscous, cooked according to directions and cooled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces (subbed for Roma tomatoes)
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts (subbed for pepitas)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (subbed for crumbled asiago)
- 1/2 cup super-sweet dried corn (see link in post)
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- While couscous is cooking, heat up olive oil in a medium pan on medium high heat. Add asparagus pieces, and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until just tender crisp. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous, asparagus, arugula, hazelnuts, and feta. Toss with dressing to coat. You will likely have some dressing leftover.
- Just before serving, add dried corn.
For the Dressing
- Add the ingredients except olive oil to a blender. Run the blender, slowly drizzling the olive oil as it blends into the dressing so it will emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon of each).
*I substituted a few of the ingredients with ones I had on hand, but noted the actual ingredients from the original recipe in parenthesis.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 5.2g
- Sodium: 403mg
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated Fat: 6.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 25.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: stetson salad, pesto buttermilk dressing, healthy