This delicious Spicy Korean Beef and Zoodles is a quick and easy dinner that is light, fresh, and big on flavor.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 4 stalks green onions, sliced (whites only, reserve greens)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, slightly frozen
- Oil for the pan (I used avocado oil)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced into thin strips
- 3 zucchini squash, spiralized
- Salt and Pepper
- For garnish: sesame seeds and green onions
- Add garlic, pear, ginger, onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and crushed red pepper flakes to the mini food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Remove the skirt steak from the freezer and using a very sharp knife, cut against the grain into thin strips.
- Place the strips of meat into a medium bowl, and pour marinade on top. Mix to evenly coat the meat, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer.
- Heat a large wok over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan, and then add one fourth of the meat to the pan. Let the meat sear without moving it around for about 1 minute, then turn each strip over to sear the other side for another minute. Remove the meat from the wok, and repeat with the remaining batches, adding more oil as needed.
- When all the meat is cooked, remove the wok from the heat and clean it out.
- Return the clean wok to the stove on high heat. Add one tablespoon of oil. Cook the red pepper strips for 1-2 minutes, then add the spiralized zucchini, and cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked meat (and any accumulated juices) back to the wok, and garnish with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 680
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 799mg
- Fat: 47g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 31.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Protein: 46g
- Cholesterol: 101mg