A spicy twist on the traditional sweet potato dish that is perfect for your Thanksgiving table!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick Chipotle Chili Powder, divided
- 5 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces gruyere, grated
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Parsley Flakes
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix heavy cream with 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder, ground cumin, and garlic powder.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the heavy cream mixture on the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking pan and spread to the edges.
- Arrange 1/2 of the sliced sweet potatoes in an even layer in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the sweet potatoes.
- Pour half of the remaining heavy cream over the cheese.
- Arrange remaining sweet potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and remaining cheese. Pour the last of the heavy cream over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix panko bread crumbs, parsley, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder. Add melted butter and stir to coat the crumbs.
- After the sweet potatoes have baked for 45-50 minutes, uncover, and spread the breadcrumbs in an even layer over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and bubbly and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 274mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
Keywords: smoked chili sweet potato gratin, sweet potato gratin, potatoes, Thanksgiving