- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more for the bread
- 1 pound ground beef browned
- 1/2 can of condensed tomato soup
- 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chris and PItts Sauce (or other BBQ sauce)
- 4 slices baby swiss cheese
- 8 thick slices of french bread
- Combine onion slices and butter in a medium pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally until onions are soft and brown, then turn heat to low until ready to use.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, and drain fat.
- Over medium heat, stir in tomato soup, tomato sauce and Chris and Pitts.
- Turn heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes so sauce can thicken.
- Assemble sandwiches with ground beef, swiss cheese and caramelized onions and butter both sides of the sandwich. Grill sandwiches on the panini press until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 1017
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 1773mg
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Unsaturated Fat: 15.8g
- Trans Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 107g
- Fiber: .5g
- Protein: 59g
- Cholesterol: 142mg