- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice Extract*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron according to directions.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil (in liquid form), both kinds of sugar, pumpkin puree, egg yolks, and milk together until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice extract and vanilla extract and stir.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture, just until combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until they are white and fluffy with soft peaks.
- Carefully and gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Scoop about 3/4 cup of batter onto the waffle iron and cook (batter will be thick). My KitchenAid Waffle Baker timer was set for 3 minutes.
- Top with butter, syrup, whipped cream, and/or cinnamon if desired.
*If you can not find Pumpkin Pie Spice Extract, you can use the following substitution 2 teaspoons cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Serving Size: 1 Waffle
- Calories: 394
- Sugar: 27g
- Sodium: 346mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 48g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 48mg