Thick, soft, brownie-like chocolate cookies with little bits of peppermint. Perfect for Christmas cookie platters!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- On medium speed, mix together sugar and oil in a mixing bowl. Mix in cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients on low speed until just combined. Mix in the peppermint baking chips until well distributed throughout the dough.
- Cover and chill the dough for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then scoop into 1 inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar and place them on a Silpat lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. The top of the cookies will be crackled when they are done.
Source: Adapted from Hershey’s Recipe Collection cookbook
Keywords: peppermint crunch chocolate crinkle cookie, peppermint, chocolate, crinkle cookies, Christmas baking