This Peanut Buster Ice Cream Dessert has a buttery Nilla wafer crust topped with vanilla ice cream, fudge, and crunchy peanuts!
- 2 cups crushed Nilla Wafers
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted Spanish red skin peanuts
For the Fudge Topping
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Place ice cream in fridge to soften, and set a timer for 45 minutes so you don’t forget about it.
- In the meantime, add melted butter to crushed Nilla wafers and mix to combine, and then press into an even layer in the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch dish. Freeze.
- When ice cream is softened, remove dish from the freezer and scoop ice cream into the pan. Use a flat spatula or bench scraper, dipped in hot water to evenly smooth the softened ice cream over the cookie layer. Freeze again until solid, about 4 hours.
- To make the fudge topping, add evaporated milk, butter, powdered sugar, and chocolate chips to a medium saucepan. Bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Then keep the fudge sauce at a low boil for 8 more minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter until completely melted. Let cool to room temperature at least one hour before topping the ice cream layer.
- Pour the cooled fudge over the ice cream layer, and the sprinkle peanuts generously over the top. Freeze again, at least four hours, or until ready to slice into squares and serve.
This recipe is inspired by Buster Bars Dessert from Valerie’s Kitchen.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 673
- Sugar: 56g
- Sodium: 337mg
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
Keywords: peanut buster, ice cream dessert, vanilla ice cream, fudge topping, peanuts