- 1 frozen pie crust
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sparkling sugar
- Remove the pie crust from the tin, and allow to thaw for five minutes.
- In the meantime you can make the peach filling. In a medium bowl, mix the chopped peaches with the sugar, flour and salt. Set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pie crust. I used my Pampered Chef Cut-N-Seal tool to cut out circles of dough, but a biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass would work fine (around 3 1/2 inches in diameter).
- Place circles of dough on a silpat lined cookie sheet, and spoon about 1/4 cup of peach filling in the center of the dough. Place another circle of dough on top, and crimp the edges closed. Once again, I used my Cut-N-Seal tool, but you could also use a fork to crimp the edges closed.
- Brush the top of each pie with the egg, and generously sprinkle with sparkling sugar. If you don’t have sparkling sugar, granulated sugar is fine, but do not skip this step because the plain crust needs the extra sweetness from the sugar.
- Place the pies into the freezer to chill for 15-20 minutes. This helps them keep their shape.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, watching for the edges to turn golden brown.