- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1.5 quart cookies and cream ice cream
- 1.5 quart vanilla ice cream
- Milk to thin (1/2 cup to 1 cup)
- Oreos to garnish
- Line a 9 inch cake pan with plastic wrap, and fill with softened cookies and cream ice cream. Freeze until solid.
- Remove the plastic wrapped ice cream from the cake pan and keep in freezer until ready to assemble the cake.
- Bake cake mix according to directions on box in two 9 inch cake pans. Allow the cakes to cool completely.
- To assemble the cake, place one layer upside down on a cake plate. Place frozen disk of cookies and cream on the bottom layer of cake. Place second cake on top, right side up. Freeze until ready to frost.
- To prepare “frosting”, soften vanilla ice cream and mix in a little milk. Spread the softened ice cream on the cake, starting with the top, and then down the sides. An off-set spatula works well for this.
- Garnish with crushed Oreos and halved Oreos.