For the Crust
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 blocks) softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Coating
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, dark brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and melted butter by hand until well combined.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave a couple of inches hanging over the edges on two sides.
- Firmly press the oat mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on low speed, mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, and mix until just combined. Avoid over mixing so that you don’t incorporate too much air into the cheesecake batter.
- Mix in vanilla, and then flour, and lastly the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the oat crust and smooth to the edges. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 40 minutes. The middle should still be slightly unset when you take it out of the oven.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature for one hour, and then refrigerate for at least four more hours before cutting.
- Lift the cheesecake out of the pan using the parchment paper onto a cutting board. With a sharp knife, slice the cheesecake into nine squares.
- To make the chocolate coating, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds, then stir. If needed, add 10 more seconds.
- Gently holding the bottom of each bar, dip the top third of the cheesecake into the chocolate coating and allow the excess to drip off. The chocolate will harden, but will still be easy to bite into even when cold.
- Repeat with remaining bars and refrigerate until serving.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 513
- Sugar: 29g
- Sodium: 277mg
- Fat: 36g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Cholesterol: 113mg