- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup natural nut butter (I used NuttZo)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips, melted
- In a blender of food process, process almonds very finely. Repeat with the oats. Pour the almond and oats into a large bowl. Mix in the salt and set aside.
- Process the raisins in the blender or food process a paste forms, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the raisin paste, nut butter, coconut oil, and honey into the bowl with the almonds and oats and mix well. You may find it easier to use your hands.
- Using a spring loaded scoop, form the mixture into 12 1-inch balls. Set them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (about 30 seconds) and stir until smooth. Pour the chocolate into a plastic zip top bag and cut a tiny bit of one corner off. Drizzle the melted chocolate over each energy bite. Store in a covered container and refrigerate.
*Instead of drizzling chocolate, you can process an extra 1/4 cup almonds and roll the energy bite in the almonds before chilling.