- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a mini muffin pan by lining the wells with mini paper muffin liners.
- In a food processor (I used my mini size) combine flour, almond flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Pulse until the dough comes together, and then pour it out onto a clean surface and knead together until smooth.
- Use a level small spring-loaded cookie scoop to form tight dough balls, rolling them in the palms of your hands. Place the dough balls in the muffin liners.
- Use the blunt end of a wooden spoon to indent the top of each dough ball about 1/4 inch to make room for the raspberry preserves.
- Spoon the raspberry preserves into a plastic zip top bag, then squeeze the air out and seal. Cut a tiny bit of one of the bottom corners off and pipe the preserves into the indent in the top of the dough balls. The preserves will sink slightly when baking, so overfill the indented space just a bit.
- Bake the tarts in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes. Allow them to cool for about 20 minutes in the pan, or they will be too crumbly to remove easily. I like to use a butter knife to lift them out.
- Dust with powdered sugar and keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This recipe is adapted from Saving Room For Dessert’s Wild Blueberry Almond Tea Cakes.
I have also made this recipe into 12 tarts using a standard size muffin pan and liners. After placing the dough in the 12 paper liners, I pressed a well into the center, and filled them with about 2 teaspoons of preserves. I baked them at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, and then allowed them to cool in the pan before removing. They were wonderful!
- Serving Size: 1 mini tart
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 4.1g
- Sodium: 60mg
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg