These Mini Berry Tarts are always a favorite! Made with refrigerated sugar cookie dough, a sweetened cream cheese filling and fresh berries on top!
- 1 16.5 ounce tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough (I used Pillsbury)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart of strawberries chopped into small pieces, or whole raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a greased mini muffin pan, fill each section with a 1 inch ball of sugar cookie dough. I use a leveled off small scoop from Pampered Chef, which is 1 tablespoon.
- Bake the tarts for about 10-12 minute. When they come out of the oven, gently press down the center of the tart to make space for the cream cheese filling. I use the blunt end of my pizza slicer. There is an actual tool designed for this called a mini tart shaper, but even the end of wooden spoon would do the job.
- Allow the tarts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then gently twist to loosen the edges and remove from the pan to a cooling rack. The tart shells are much easier to remove from the muffin tin if they do not go over the edge of the pan when they bake. If yours are difficult to remove, try filling them with less dough, greasing more thoroughly, or allowing them to cool longer.
For the filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and heavy cream with an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a little at a time until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Fill a piping bag or ziplock bag with the filling mixture and pipe into each tart.
- Top with small pieces of strawberry, or a whole raspberry.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Keywords: mini berry tarts, mini tarts, sugar cookie dough, cream cheese filling, fresh berries