- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed clean (I used Russet)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
For the Creamy Alfredo
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 glove of garlic, pressed through a garlic press or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup freshly shredded monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Dry your scrubbed potatoes, and rub them with vegetable oil and sprinkle the skin with salt. I like to use a coarsely ground sea salt, but any kind is fine. Pierce the potatoes a few times with a knife to allow steam to escape while baking and place them on the oven rack. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until they feel soft when you squeeze them.
- When your potatoes are almost done baking, start on your creamy alfredo sauce. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sauté your garlic in the butter for a couple of minutes and then add flour. Whisk the flour and butter together for a couple more minutes.
- Slowly add milk, and whisk the flour and butter paste into the milk until it is smooth. Bring it to a gentle boil and let it cook on medium heat until it starts to thicken up a bit (5-8 minutes). Whisk in the shredded cheese and add salt and pepper to taste. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Make a slit in the top of each potato with a knife, and squeeze the sides of the potato to open them up. Add a bit of butter to each potato and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Divide your grilled chicken between each of the potatoes, and spoon your creamy alfredo sauce on top of the chicken. Sprinkle with bacon and green onions.
To make these even easier, you could use a rotisserie chicken instead of grilling your own. Also, steamed broccoli would be really good in here too!
- Serving Size: 1 Potato
- Calories: 753
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 1233mg
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Unsaturated Fat: 16.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Protein: 40g
- Cholesterol: 124mg