- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix softened butter, sugar, and flour.
- Press mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the top is just turning golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time and then add the lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the baked crust. Bake for an additional 20 minutes. Allow the bars to cool before slicing.
This recipe is from allrecipes.com.
Kitchen tip: Always use a plastic knife to cut the lemon bars. The bars won’t stick and the squares have nice neat edges. Works with brownies too!
Keywords: lemon bars, lemons, dessert bars