This delicious Honey Mustard Balsamic Roasted Salmon is fast enough for a weeknight meal but has just a touch of fancy!
For the Salmon
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 shallot, ends and skin removed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, 4-6 oz
For the Couscous Salad
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 cups spring mix greens
- To make the marinade for the salmon, add oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, shallot, garlic, tarragon, salt and pepper into the pitcher of the blender. Gradually increase speed until the marinade is smooth and emulsified.
- Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet, lining with foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up. Reserve half of the marinade to use as a dressing for the salad in a separate bowl, and then brush or spoon the marinade generously onto both sides of each fillet.
- Allow the salmon to marinate for 15-20 minutes. In the meantime, make the couscous salad.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat in a medium pot. Add couscous and stir to toast, about 4-5 minutes, or until golden. Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat down to low. Cook 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Season couscous with salt and pepper, stir to fluff, and allow to cool slightly. Mix with baby greens in a large bowl. Toss the remaining marinade (now a dressing!) according to taste – I used about 2-3 tablespoons. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness, or until it just flakes with a fork.
- Place the salad onto the plates, and then top each one with the salmon. Garnish with remaining tarragon leaves if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 908
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 1065mg
- Fat: 66g
- Saturated Fat: 9.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 53g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 42g
- Cholesterol: 109mg