- 1 1/2 cup unsalted, raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- pinch of salt (I used 1/4 teaspoon)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spread almonds evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Warm the almonds in the oven for 10 minutes. This will help them release their oils more quickly as they are processed.
- Place the almonds in the food processor and turn on. I used the puree setting on mine. Process continuously, occasionally stopping to let the machine rest and to scrap down the sides. It will take some patience to reach the nut butter stage. Mine took about 8-10 minutes with breaks. When the nut butter is smooth and shiny, add the sweetener of your choice and salt to taste. Process one more time to mix.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg