- 6 tablespoons melted butter (divided)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken base
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 lbs. frozen diced hash brown potatoes, mostly thawed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup crushed Ritz crackers (about 1/3 of a tube)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan, on medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Whisk in flour, and allow to brown and bubble, stirring constantly, for two minutes. Slowly whisk in milk and chicken base, and stir frequently while the mixture simmers and thickens slightly (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining 4 tablespoons of melted butter, sour cream, Greek yogurt, and onion powder.
- Add the white sauce from the saucepan into the sour cream / Greek yogurt mixture.
- Stir in hash browns and cheese.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oven and top with crushed Ritz crackers. Put the potatoes back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 526
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Sodium: 521mg
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.8g
- Trans Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 100mg