Super soft sugar cookies made a little healthier with Greek yogurt.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed.
- Add egg, vanilla, and Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Add flour mixture slowly on low speed until just incorporated.
- Remove cookie dough from the bowl and wrap in plastic wrap, shaping dough into a disk. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a well floured surface, roll out cookie dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out into circles. I used the rim of a juice glass.
- Place circles of dough onto a Silpat lined or greased baking sheet, six per batch.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet after 5 minutes to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar on low speed. Add in heavy cream and whip on high speed until frosting is light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Keep cookies refrigerated until serving. The frosting is soft at room temperature, but cookies can be stacked with parchment paper between layers if refrigerated.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 133mg
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated Fat: 5.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 34mg