- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour (I used all purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the streusel:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
For the cream cheese glaze:
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk, or enough to make it a glazing consistency
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until they are fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time. Mix in the vanilla and greek yogurt. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- For the streusel, combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt. Cut in the butter with a pasty cutter.
- Pour half the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Pour the rest of the batter in the pan, spread it out, and top with remaining streusel. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan with a knife, and carefully transfer the cake, streusel side up, onto a serving plate.
- To make the cream cheese glaze, beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Slowly add in the powdered sugar on low speed. Add the vanilla extract and milk. Drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the cake, allowing it run over the edges.
Source: Two Peas & Their Pod.