I can’t think of anything more game day worthy than these Fried Sloppy Joe Rolls – they are dip-able, delicious, and filled with meat and cheese! Let’s eat!
For the Sloppy Joe Mixture
- 1 1/3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (or more to taste)
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 8 cheddar cheese sticks (halved)
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
For the Sloppy Joes
- Add ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion to a large pan over medium high heat. Break into small pieces stirring occasionally until no longer pink. Drain excess fat. Add ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and sriracha. Cook 1-2 more minutes, then remove from heat.
- Lay egg roll wrappers out (diagonally) and place 2 heaping tablespoons of the sloppy joe mixture on each one. Top with a cheese stick half. Dip a finger or small brush in water and moisten the top edges of the egg roll wrapper. Roll up from the bottom, fold in the sides, and the continue rolling until the top edges seal the roll closed. (see pictures above)
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, heat oil to 350 degrees. Using tongs, carefully drop a sloppy joe roll into the oil and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Work in small batches. Remove the sloppy joe rolls, drain excess oil, and place on a paper towel.
- To reheat, place the rolls on a baking sheet in the center of a 300-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.