- 3 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 half gallon vanilla ice cream
- Sliced strawberries
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- In the meantime, melt butter over medium high heat in a large pan. Add crushed cornflakes, and toast them in the butter for about 3-5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and then stir in the the sugar, salt and cinnamon. Allow the mixture to cool in the pan.
- Press the half of the cornflake mixture into the bottom of a 9 by 9 inch baking dish. Place the pan in the freezer to chill for 15 minutes. This will make it easier to spread the ice cream later. Allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature at this time.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and spread the ice cream over the cornflake crust. Then sprinkle the remaining toasted cornflakes over the top and press them down gently.
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours. Cut into squares and top with sliced strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and/or honey.