- 4 cups water plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add farro and stir, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, toast cashews until they are golden brown.
- Remove from heat and give them a rough chop.
- When farro has simmered for about 30 minutes, drain excess water. It should have a slightly firm and chewy bite, but no longer be hard.
- Add butter and garlic to the farro and stir to melt the butter.
- Add cashews, currants, and parsley.
- Stir to combine.
Inspired by Sauce.