- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 by 9 inch baking pan by spraying with nonstick spray and lining with parchment paper (optional).
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with an electric hand mixer for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Add brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- To the bowl add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low speed until flour is just incorporated. Then add chocolate chips and almonds and finish mixing gently by hand. Do not over mix.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean, with just a few crumbs attached. Allow the blondies to cool in the pan completely, and then cut into bars. Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
This recipe is adapted from Taste of Home’s Chocolate Chip Blondies.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 23g
- Sodium: 142mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 39mg