- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 1 can tomato sauce (30 ounce)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup (15 ounce)
- 1 can Rotel (10 ounce)
- 2 cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounces each)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounce)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup masa (corn flour)
- In a large saucepan over high heat, brown ground beef breaking it into small pieces as you go. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook for a few more minutes to soften them.
- Remove from heat and drain off excess oil.
- Add the browned ground beef, onion and garlic to the crockpot.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato soup, Rotel, pinto beans, kidney beans, beef broth, spices, and sugar.
- Turn heat to low, cover, and allow to cook for 6-8 hours.
- One hour before serving (if you have time), add the masa to the warm water and whisk together until smooth. Stir the slurry into the chili. Cover and cook one more hour to allow the chili to thicken and the flavors to blend.
*To make this chili less spicy, you can use mild Rotel, and also reduce the amount of chili powder to 1 tablespoon. ** I use my 5 quart crockpot to make this chili.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 453
- Sugar: 9.4g
- Sodium: 1220mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 81mg