- 6 cups water
- 4 teaspoons Better Than Bullion Chicken Base
- 1/4 of a yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 12 ounce package frozen egg noodles (I used Reames)
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped or shredded (I used a store-bought rotisserie)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add bullion base, onion, carrot, and celery and reduce heat to medium.
- Allow the broth and vegetables to boil gently until the carrots are tender (about 30 minutes).
- Add frozen egg noodles and cooked chicken and bring the broth back to a boil. Allow the noodles to boil for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the from sticking together.
- Turn heat to low, until ready to serve. The noodles will absorb most of the broth.
- Season according to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 195mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 91mg