These Easy Broiled Italian Meatballs are so light, moist, and flavorful. Made in the oven from start to finish in one pan for easy cleanup.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 heaping tablespoons sour cream
- 1–2 tablespoons oil
- 28 ounce jar pasta sauce
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Add ground beef, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, milk, egg, and sour cream to a large bowl and mix together gently until completely combined.
- Scoop the meat mixture into 18 balls, and place in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Drizzle oil over the meatballs, and then turn to coat all sides of the meatballs with the oil.
- Place the dish into the oven and turn to full broil. Broil for about 8 minutes, and when the meatballs are golden brown, remove the pan from the oven briefly to turn the meatballs over. Return the pan to the oven and broil another 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs, and then turn the oven down to 375 degrees. Cook until the sauce is just starting to bubble and the meatballs are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with pasta and Parmesan cheese, or with rolls for meatball sandwiches.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 8.9g
- Sodium: 1457mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 39g
- Cholesterol: 139mg
Keywords: easy broiled Italian meatballs, meatballs, beef, easy