- Canola or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cans large buttermilk biscuits
- Heat 2-inches oil in a large pot to 350 degrees.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the sugar and ground cinnamon, set aside.
- Lay out the biscuits on a cutting board and with a 1-1/2-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out a hole from the middle of each biscuit.
- Fry them in the oil until golden and then flip with tongs to fry the other side. You can also fry the cut outs to make donut holes.
- Drain on paper towels and then toss in the cinnamon-sugar.
Source: Adapted from Paula Deen