- 1/4 cup butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter in a large cast iron skillet, or 9 by 13 baking dish, and melt for a few minutes in the hot oven. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Beat eggs until frothy, then whisk in milk and vanilla. I use my whisk attachment on my Kitchenaid Mixer.
- Gradually add flour and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Remove skillet with melted butter from the oven and pour dutch baby batter over the butter.
- Return to oven for about 15 minutes. The dutch baby will puff up and the edges and top will be golden brown.
- Cut and serve immediately with strawberries, powdered sugar, whipped cream, or maple syrup.
Recipe slightly adapted from 71 Toes.