I ADORE these Cranberry Almond White Chocolate Chunk Cookies! They bake up thick and chewy, with a rich, sweet buttery flavor studded with tangy bits of cranberry!
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour is fine)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (heaping) sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, or chopped white chocolate
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3/4 cup crushed sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread coconut out in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 3-4 minutes, stirring once, until coconut is light brown in color. Watch closely! Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars together on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, and then vanilla and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt and oats. Gradually add to the mixing bowl on medium low speed until a dough forms. Add the toasted coconut, dried cranberries, white chocolate, and almonds and mix until evenly distributed.
- Scoop 1/4 cup size cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet (six per sheet).***
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are nice and brown and center is just done. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
***I reserved some of the cranberries, almonds and white chocolate bits to sprinkle on top of the cookie dough balls before baking, just so the flavor of the cookie would be a little more obvious.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 191mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
Keywords: cranberry almond white chocolate chunk cookies, dried cranberries, almonds, white chocolate, cookies