Sweet, moist almond cake laced with cranberry sauce and topped with an almond glaze.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup whole cranberry sauce
- Optional: sliced almonds and whole cranberries for garnish
For the Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2–4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease your Bundt pan well. I like to use a nonstick spray made specifically for baking. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, oil, and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, and mix until incorporated.
- Mix in almond extract and Greek yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low speed just until incorporated.
- Batter will be stiff and sticky.
- Spoon half of the batter into the bottom of the pan and spread it out evenly. Then spoon the cranberry sauce on top of the batter. Top with the remaining batter, being careful not to stir it into the cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cook in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- When the cake is cool, whisk your glaze together, adding water a tablespoon at a time to achieve the desired consistency, and drizzle over the cake. Arrange sliced almonds into a flower pattern and place a cranberry in the center. I fished a few out of my whole cranberry sauce and rinsed them off with water before placing them on the top of the cake.
Recipe Adapted from Shugary Sweets
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 568
- Sugar: 61g
- Sodium: 427mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.7g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 93g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 73mg