- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (plus more for drizzling over the top) caramel topping
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in sugar. Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pan, and mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter, dividing evenly into two 9 by 9 inch baking pans, sprayed with nonstick spray and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, and the let cool completely.
- Remove the whole brownie from one of the pans using the parchment paper edges to lift it out, and chop into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Pour 1 cup of caramel topping over the brownies that are still in the pan, and then add chopped pecans and brownie cubes.
- Press down to help the brownie cubes stick to the caramel. Drizzle with additional caramel if desired and sprinkle with a few more chopped pecans.
- I found it easier to cut the brownies when they were chilled, so I kept them in the fridge until I was ready to serve them. Serve with ice cream and additional caramel and chopped pecans if desired.
Brownie recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 488
- Sugar: 53g
- Sodium: 369mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.6g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 103mg