- 8 fajita size tortillas (whole wheat if you can find them)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce (or more)
- 1 package turkey pepperoni
- Melted butter, for brushing on waffle iron
Additional Topping Ideas
- Pineapple tidbits
- Black Olives
- Chicken sausage
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In the meantime, assemble your pizza pockets with about 1-2 tablespoons of pizza sauce spread onto one tortilla and 1/4 cup of cheese plus any toppings on the other. Leave a little bit of a border around the edge of the tortilla so that the toppings won’t leak out in the waffle maker.
- When the waffle iron is ready, brush a bit of butter onto the top and bottom plates. This will make the outside of the tortilla nice and crispy.
- Place the tortilla with cheese and toppings on the bottom plate of the waffle maker, then top with the other tortilla.
- Close waffle iron and let the pizza pocket cook until it beeps.
- Remove from the waffle iron, allow to cool slightly, then slice into quarters.
- Serving Size: 1 Pizza Pocket (toppings not included)
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 650mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 7.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 22mg