Cold Brew Coffee
- 1 cup medium roast ground coffee
- 4 cups filtered water
Homemade Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- 1 cup half and half
- 2–3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour water into french press and stir in ground coffee. Cover (but do not press) and refrigerate for 12-18 hours.
- Press the french press plunger down, and then pour coffee through a filter into a jar. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pour cold brew coffee over ice, and stir in coffee creamer to taste. I like a ratio of 1 cup coffee to 1/4 cup creamer.
Drink your iced coffee out of an insulated cup so your ice will melt more slowly. This prevents your cold brew from becoming diluted if you like to sip it slowly like me. You can make this recipe without a French press. Just mix the water and coffee in a 4 cup glass measuring cup and cover with plastic wrap. Catch the coffee grinds before they hit the coffee filter with a fine mesh strainer.
- Serving Size: 1 cup coffee with 1/4 cup creamer
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 43mg
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 21mg