- 2 fresh mangos, peeled & diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and membranes removed, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- juice from half a lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- sprinkle of salt to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, split horizontally to make four thin filets, total
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2–3 tablespoons butter
- Toss the mango, jalapeño, cilantro, and red onion together in a small bowl. Squeeze lime juice over the top and sprinkle with salt. Stir to combine, and cover until ready to serve. I like to serve it at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Place flour and salt in one shallow bowl, the egg and milk in another bowl, and the coconut and flour into yet another shallow bowl.
- One by one, dip the pieces of chicken into the flour, then egg, then coconut. Press the coconut to the chicken to get as much to stick as you can.
- In a large nonstick or cast iron skillet on medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and spread around the pan. When the pan is hot, place the chicken into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until the coconut is golden and the inside of the chicken is cooked through. The exact time will depend on the thickness of your chicken. Add a little more butter when turning the chicken if your pan is dry.
- Plate the chicken and top with mango salsa.
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 32g
- Sodium: 595mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 117mg