Had to share these applesauce cinnamon ornaments here because they are such an easy sweet little handmade idea.
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups ground cinnamon***
- Mix together equal parts cinnamon and applesauce until well incorporated and dough forms. If too sticky, add more cinnamon.*** You may need more cinnamon, depending on how thin the applesauce is. I like to buy the cinnamon at the dollar store since quality isn’t important.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out shapes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for 2 hours.
- Allow the shapes to set out on a cooling rack for 24 hours to dry out completely.
- You can use sandpaper to smooth out the edges if they are jagged once the shapes are dry.
- Makes about 18 ornaments, depending on size.
I used cookie cutters similar to these.
Keywords: cinnamon applesauce ornaments, Christmas, handmade ornaments