- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups cinnamon
- Mix together equal parts cinnamon and applesauce until well incorporated and dough forms. If too sticky, add more cinnamon.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out shapes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for 2 hours.
- Allow the shapes to set out on a cooling rack for 24 hours to dry out completely.
- You can use sandpaper to smooth out the edges if they are jagged once the shapes are dry.
- Makes about 18 ornaments, depending on size.
I used cookie cutters similar to these.