- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a half sheet pan (13 by 18 inches) with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ground cloves. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream sugar and oil together on medium speed, and then add eggs one at a time. Add pumpkin puree, and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour and spice mixture to the pumpkin batter a little at a time, mixing on low speed and scraping down the sides as needed.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into the baking pan in an even layer, and clean the mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, heat 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir and then microwave 10 seconds at a time until they are completely melted.
- Add the melted chocolate and cream cheese to the mixing bowl, and mix on medium speed. Add the sugar, egg and milk and mix until well incorporated.
- Spoon dollops of the cream cheese mixture on top of the pumpkin batter and use a butter knife to swirl together.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely, then cover and refrigerate.
This recipe is slightly adapted from the Better Homes and Gardens 100 Best Pumpkin Recipes Issue 2016.
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 29mg